Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa Mommy Will Be Coming To Town!

All these wrapped gifts in my living room, and none for Matthew. 'Is this Matthew's present?' - Matthew would ask. 'No honey, this is for baby Lucas' - I would reply. I was wrapping a box of liquor chocolates. Matthew comes, pulls of the wrapping paper and says, 'Oh thank you Mommy!' 'Matthew sweetheart, this is not for you, its for uncle Ben' - I said it again, and gently took it away from him. Today, I put one of the wrapped presents on the table, 'This is Matthew's present!' - he demanded.

Well its time to have a little talk.

'Matthew dear baby - all these presents are for other people. Yours is coming with Santa. Unfortunately he is still shopping for your present, so that is why we don't have one here for you' - I told him. He nodded his head. It is so cool to have such a grown up conversations with the 2 year old (+ 7 months). 'Okay Mommy' - he replied. I went back to my wrapping, and Matthew went back to his playing. But then at some point Matthew comes running to me and says - 'Mommy sit with Matthew on the sofa and wait for Santa'. So I did, and I told him again about Santa bringing Matthews presents, and that he is shopping for many nice presents. I ask him if he knew what stores he will be visiting, 'Ahhhhh Wal-mart'. We laughed together.

Later in the afternoon, one of my orders from online finally arrived. The delivery man rings the bell. Matthew jumps and yells - 'Mommy Santa is here!'.

I guess this Christmas, first time in the three years, Mommy will be wearing Santa suite. Daddy offered, but I told him unless he looses some weight, he will be able to have the act. And for now I will have to keep Matthew busy for another week, otherwise there will be an early Santa in our house.

Happy holidays to all my readers!
Wishing you lots of love, happiness and peace.

18 comments:

  1. Yes, Matthew, Santa is coming!:)
    Happy Xmas to you ,too, dear Anna and have good times all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s curious about Christmas! I wish there a Santa comes as Matthew’s expects to exhibit his rejoice! Happy Christmas dears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna,
    Years from now, you'll read this and suddenly everything will flash before you. So is mommy santa putting daddy santa on a diet plan? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew sounds like he really keeps you busy. Have a blessed and merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, the delight of Christmas through an innocent pair of eyes - it's utterly magical! They grow so fast, Anna, I am very glad you enjoy and cherish every moment.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, I know it will be wonderful, you have this habit of capturing and savouring the best of each and every day ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky ! All the excitement of Holidays with your little one.

    I too wish you a lovely Christmas and I know you will have a fabulous time.

    I posted my favorite Japanese Christmas song over at my blog so when you get a quiet moment oh.....around end of January stop by ...

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, he is what makes Christmas so joyous. I love children at Christmas. This is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna,
    I hope you and all your family have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy 2011.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas can be confusing sometimes! lol So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Holidays Anna.. love you and Matthew.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a happy holidays Anna.. GIVE my love to Matthew.. love u all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Anna and a Happy New Year.
    All the best for 2011 to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna, Christmas blessings to you!

    Since you have Matthew, you might enjoy this.
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anna

    Happy New Year from Southern California. No snow here but a lot of rain storms and mud slides!

    I hope you and your family had a Wonderful Christmas Celebration.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anna,little Matthew..so Sweet Christmas presents..
    I too enjoyed Christmas and New year with my Family..Just returned to work..
    Have great year ahead!!!
    with all my prayers and best Wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Anna,

    So so cute! I loved this post; I really did :).

    Matthew is such an understanding boy; I remember that my brother and cousins weren't that understanding and patient LOL...*nodding*.

    So, you like to dress as Mummy Claus, eh? Interesting to know...lol

    Cheerio and I wish you peace and love

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by and you made me laugh out loud Princess Talks Too Much. Bwhahahahahaha.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete

And now lets hear your blobbing, lol!